CAIRO, Aug. 19 -- Egypt confirmed on Wednesday 161 new COVID-19 infections, bringing the total cases registered in the country since the outbreak of the pandemic to 96,914, said the Egyptian Health Ministry.
It is the 18th consecutive day for Egypt's COVID-19 daily infections to fall below 200, after they started to exceed 200 on April 23 until they hit a record 1,774 cases on June 19.
Meanwhile, 13 deaths from the novel coronavirus were registered on Wednesday, raising the death toll to 5,197, while 991 were cured and discharged from hospitals, increasing the total recoveries to 62,553, Health Ministry spokesman Khaled Megahed said in a statement.
Over the past six days, COVID-19-related daily fatalities in Egypt were lower than 20. A record daily deaths was seen on mid-June when 97 patients died from the viral disease.
Earlier on Wednesday, the Egyptian cabinet decided that from Sept. 1 all travelers coming to Egypt will have to present a recent PCR test that proves they are free from COVID-19. The new decision cancels any previous exceptions.
He added that public parks, entertainment parks and zoos will be allowed to receive visitors from the beginning of September but with a limited capacity, while public beaches will remain closed until further notice.
"We have not yet overcome the crisis, so it is necessary to stress that all citizens have to continue implementing all taken precautionary measures," Egyptian Prime Minister Mostafa Madbouly told a news conference.
【国际英语资讯:Egypt confirms 161 new COVID-19 cases, 96,914 in total】相关文章:
最新
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15
2020-09-15